Tuesday, June 25, 2013

7 days later...

It's been 7 days since my last post, where I really talked about being in the pits.  Emotionally, professionally, physically... Rough barely even scratched the surface in describing how I felt about life, about myself, and about where I was headed.

It's amazing what a difference a week can make in your life...


  • I have continued my morning Bible study routine -- this coupled with worship/praise music at any opportunity has made a big impact on my outlook on life.  I may not be super confident, but I am happy, I am hopeful, and I am grateful for the blessings that I have in my life.  This is a big step forward in combating such a negative mindset.







  • I have begun tracking my food using myfitnesspal.com.  Not so much for strict calorie counting, but to simply help keep me accountable and aware of how I am treating/fueling my body.  It has really made a difference in my food choices the last week.  And I really enjoy using this tool.  It has a phone app, so I can track anywhere.



  • I have also made a conscious effort to do something active every day.  Some days it's a butt kicking BeyondFit Physiques BLT workout (seriously -- you have GOT to check out this group.  Yes, I am a part of the staff, but being in the middle of my own battle, these workouts and this support group has made such a positive impact on me -- BeyondFit Physiques Blog/Website to learn more about the company and read the blog or BeyondFit Life to sign up for access to monthly workout plans and nutrition -- the BeyondFit Life is what has made the difference for me!  I don't normally give the "Hey, check this out" endorsement, but seriously, it's wonderful.), somedays it's a Zumba class (they're so much fun), someday's it's a nice walk with a friend, and someday's it's a therapeutic run in the neighborhood.  Today my "activity" happened to be 4 hours of deep cleaning my room, but that's not a normal occurance.  Just as long as I do something.



  • I have made the decision to pack (and eat) my lunch for work everyday.  This has really helped cut out a lot of the junk and control portions.  Not to mention I'm avoiding all sodas!

  • I am reading You're Already Amazing by Holley Gerth.  I'm hoping this will help boost my confidence in the end, but right now we're at the point of the book that increases my faith, gratitude, and awareness of who I am.  I highly recommend this book also!



  • I am trying to be quieter.  Not literally, but metaphorically.  I'm trying to be more peaceful, more in tune with my surroundings and my blessings, and more alert for God's whispers.





Good grief!!! It wasn't until I started writing down what I've done this week to change that I realized how much I had accomplished!  Wow... I'm more than surprised with myself.  But it's payed off -- I'm down 2 pounds and just slightly more confident.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment