Monday, December 26, 2011

Wow.  What a Christmas!  I seriously feel like I won the lottery... I got to see my family, and I got some seriously awesome, seriously needed items!

It's funny, what you get excited about for Christmas changes as you get older.  I am so excited about my gifts -- sheets, pillows, an electric blanket (!!!), dishes, a dish drying rack, lotions, gloves, grocery gift cards, clothes (!!!), bedroom slippers, socks, and a Ped Egg to name a few.  5, 4, 3, heck even 2 years ago I would not have thought these were exciting gifts.  But I am seriously excited!  These are things that I needed, that make my life more comfortable, cuter, and easier.  I mean, I never thought I'd live to see the day when I was excited to get socks.  I always thought my parents were pretending when they opened a box to find 15 pairs of socks.  But no, they were seriously excited about the socks.  And I get it  now! :) :) :)  Because I'm excited too! :) :) :) haha

Of course, there were a few superfluous items.  Meghan got me a turtle pillow pet (yes, juvenile, but it's a TURTLE and its actually a pretty awesome product) and these awesome ear-muffs that have a wire to plug into your iPod so that you can hear your music THROUGH the ear muffs!  Soooo cool!  And they actually work!

And although I did get some awesome gifts, the best part was being able to see the family. :)  I get to see them so rarely...  It was such a blessing to be able to go.

Of course, my roadtrip was not uneventful.  My oil light came on in the middle of no where at 830pm on
Christmas eve (read: everything was closed).  The good thing was that I was only 20 minutes from the grandparents.  But since it was so dark, I couldn't see how much oil there was.  So they were convinced I'd been driving on a dry engine and that I'd ruined my car and that I'd have to have the engine replaced, yadda yadda yadda.  They fussed me out something awful.

Well did they have to eat some crow or what... It was low on oil, but it wasn't out.  After pouring 1 quart of oil into the car, the oil level was back to normal.  There was no damage done to my car, and I'd simply acted in a responsible, better-safe-than-sorry way to protect my car.  So the fussing out was completely un-necessary and it's only function was to start Christmas off on a bad foot and with me in tears.  But I'm glad everyone had to eat some crow and realize that I'm not a dumb ditz, that I simply acted on the cautious side.  At what point they will start to give me some due?  Probably never.  But that's the role of the kid I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment