Saturday, July 12, 2014

We have about two and a half months until we reach the BIG day, our wedding day.  People keep telling me to enjoy it.  I'm not really sure what you're supposed to enjoy?  I'm stressed about losing weight to fit into my dress again (thank you stress binge eating).  I'm stressed about nagging Daniel constantly to make the few decisions he needs to make (groomsmen outfits, honeymoon, rings, etc).  I'm stressed that we'll go over budget and start our relationship in the red.  But mostly I'm stressed because after the wedding, we have no plans.

We don't know where we're going to be living because Daniel wants a new job in a new location but hasn't put forth the work to find one.  He doesn't want to rent something else because he doesn't want to sign a year long lease when he thinks we'll be moving.  He doesn't want to buy a house for the same reasons.  This makes sense.  But we can't stay where he is now.  So we're going to be homeless??

All I want is a place of our own, that I can create a home for the two of us. That I can nest in, decorate, organize, and begin OUR life.

They say that you learn a lot about your spouse during the wedding planning process.
And I have learned that he is a logical person but a procrastinator.
And I am about up to my neck.

My "talking tos" are having no effect on him.  Nothing is lighting a fire underneath his ass.  And I'm about to lose it.  I feel like I lose it constantly with him.  Because he's not working on my time table.  Selfish.  Wrong.  Impatient.

I am really trying to learn to be patient with him. To trust him.  But this is not an easy task.

I know that it will work out (it has to).  But Blair does not do limbo well.

No comments:

Post a Comment