Sunday, July 27, 2014

This weekend was quite a busy weekend and gave me a small taste of what to expect for wedding weekend... Although it wasn't my wedding weekend, it was my bridal shower weekend :)

My fabulous Maid of Honor hosted the shower and both of my bridesmaids were able to attend, as well as my mother and my future MIL.  We had a great turn out, and it was so nice to see all the ladies.

But for a girl who doesn't like to be the center of attention, this weekend was incredibly stressful.  I felt responsible to help with the production, preparation, and set up for the shower.  And as soon as people started showing up, I felt responsible for them having a good time and making sure that no one felt left out.  I was so nervous I didn't eat very much.

Then it was time for presents... By the time presents came around, it was already late and I didn't want to keep anyone too late.  And I didn't really know what to do or how to handle some things.  Do I show every single part of each gift? Do I read each card aloud?  I was dripping with sweat.  So embarrassing.

But despite the anxiety and nerves and stress, it was such a lovely time.  I was blessed with so many wonderful items and feel so much more prepared for setting up my first home. Which has me excited for that whole process :)




Daniel is going to begin moving into the guest house this week, starting with some of the non-essential items and going through clothes and being ruthless with his purging.  He's going to begin sorting items to put into storage.  And just the thought of selecting items to put into storage raises my anxiety.  But it has to be done.  I just won't put any of our beautiful new items into storage :-p

No comments:

Post a Comment