Sunday, May 5, 2013

It's All in the Attitude

There are a lot of things in this life I have to be grateful for.  Working weekends is tough to turn into a blessing (I mean, let's be honest -- it blows).  But having my man come down for a night, take me out to dinner, treat me to some high dollar beer, and be able to cuddle with.... That is something to be grateful for.

He isn't perfect, but boy he sure is the best.

Yesterday was a rough day for me psychologically.  I did not want to be at work -- I was pissed off that it was my turn.  Mad at the world is an understatement.  But after about 30mins at work, one of my favorite quotes popped into my head:

Life is 10% what happens to it and 90% your attitude about it.

And as soon as I fixed my attitude and focused on each individual patient instead of the chore of having to work, my day turned around and ended up being a pretty awesome day.  Although I still hate working weekends.

I know no workplace is perfect.
And for the most part, I really enjoy my workplace.
But I'm kind of looking forward to moving on to the next one (in 1.5 years).

No comments:

Post a Comment