Sunday, July 1, 2012

Positive Influences

This last move has been such a positive path for me... My landlady/housemate/friend and I have really used this opportunity of co-habitation to push each other.  To encourage each other.  To create an environment of positive lifestyle choices.  Challenging each other to take the steps we need to take individually and to help hold each other accountable.

One of the lifestyle choices we're targeting is our weight/fitness.  This encompasses exercise as well as eating a better diet and balancing those indulgences.

Another aspect we're trying to challenge each other with is our dedication to studying the Bible and seeking out mentors and wisdom/guidance from them.  This challenge has been great!  We've both found mentors and are seeking the path for deeper faith.  I am very excited about this!!

I've just really enjoyed having these positive influences in my life, which are helping me grow into a better person -- one which is more mature and who has better lifestyle choices.  This move to New Bern has been one of the most difficult and challenging times of my life, but has really been such a blessing.  And I pray that this journey continues and leads me into more and more positive places! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment