Friday, September 23, 2011

It's Just Life

I'm in the middle of a really rough spot.  The speed with which life progresses is moving ever faster -- gaining speed, momentum, and enormity all the time.  Inertia -- once an object is put in motion, it will continue being in motion until a force of equal magnitude but opposite direction puts it to rest (or something like that).  I need a break -- a very big break.  School is killing me.  I've never felt this despondent or pointless.  The pace of these classes... I feel like I can't keep up.  Then two jobs.  Both of which always demanding more more more.  As of Oct 13th I'll be leaving the Y, which would hypothetically make it easier.  Except Cato will be appointing me temporary assistant manager while the current goes out on maternity leave.  More hours.  More responsibility.  More stress.  Less freedom.  And now school is offering me this awesome clinical site in Tarboro -- 1.75 hours away (but only 40 minutes from the boyfriend's place).  Which means that for 2.5 weeks, I wouldn't be able to work weeknights at Cato and I'd only be able to work weekends.  Which would essentially put me working 7 days a week (2 days at cato, 5 days as a faux-PTA) plus all the driving.  I'm just so tired.  My brain is fried.  I'm frustrated.  I feel like I can't keep up.  Any free time I have -- all I want to do is sit and do nothing and think about nothing because I'm so exhausted from the rest of the time.  That's the way life is...

1 comment:

  1. Rest is a good thing. Thinking about nothing is a form of meditation, and it gives rest for the mind. While you're driving from A to B, consider each responsibility: does it have an end? Does it meet some need (financial, career, or psychological)? It's okay to be out of balance for a little while. But not as an ongoing thing.

    ReplyDelete